This workshop is delivered as a set of three 1 hour virtual training sessions, run on consecutive days.
The Virtual Working Essentials workshop gives attendees the information they need to successfully move from working in a physical working environment (with other colleagues), to working, remote from their colleagues, managers and regular office environment.
The workshop looks at the challenge of working remotely from the three perspectives of:
- Productivity – How to get things done. Setting up your workspace, getting organized, making the most of the available technology, setting personal goals, monitoring your progress, maintaining ‘separation’ of work and home.
- Connectivity – Staying connected, and keeping in touch with your colleagues, managers and the retaining a sense of being part of the company.
- Wellbeing – Maintaining your physical and mental health is an essential part of working remotely. Separating work and home life, maintaining contact with others, looking after your diet, building a support networks and knowing when, where and how to get help.
The workshop is aimed at anyone who is moving to a remote working environment.
The workshop covers one of these perspectives each day and highlights how each perspective impacts the others. The workshops include interactive activities and all attendees receive reference materials with key hints and tips.
After attending this workshop you will have the information you need to:
- Confidently meet the challenges of moving to remote working
- Agree the ‘ground rules’
- Structure your day
- Stay focussed and productive
- Be effective in meetings
- Feel part of a team
- Maintain your personal wellbeing
The workshops can be supported by 1:1 and team coaching to help embed the behaviours needed for a successful long-term transition to remote working.